KATIE TAYLOR WILL face Brazil’s Rose Volante in a world-title unification clash on Patrick’s weekend in Philadelphia.
Taylor will seek to add Volante’s WBO title to her WBA and IBF straps in her bid to become the undisputed lightweight world champion in 2019.
Katie Taylor will attempt to become a three-belt lightweight world champion when she takes on Rose Volante in March.
The 32-year-old is already the Republic of Ireland’s first unified ruler having picked up the WBA and IBF belts within her first 12 professional fights, and now has the chance of be the first fighter in all of Ireland to hold three major straps.
Farmer vs Carroll Fight Card on March 15: Philadelphia (DAZN)
- Title fight: Tevin Farmer vs. Jono Carroll, 12 rounds, for Farmer’s IBF junior lightweight title
- Title fight: Katie Taylor vs. Rose Volante, 10 rounds, IBF/WBA/WBO women’s lightweight title unification
- Gabriel Rosado vs. Maciej Sulecki, 10 rounds, middleweights
- Hank Lundy vs. Avery Sparrow, 10 rounds, lightweights
- Daniyar Yeleussinov vs. TBA, 8 rounds, welterweights
- John Joe Nevin vs. TBA, 6 rounds, lightweights
16 March is the likely date for the showdown between the two undefeated champions, which will be broadcast live on Sky Sports in Ireland and the UK as well as DAZN in the States.